Level 101 - Introduction to Investments
Introduction to a basic survey for persons with little or no prior background on financial markets, including potential investors, students etc. The topics include those listed below.
- The concept of capital and financial markets.
- Why companies sell securities.
- Risks and rewards of investing.
- How and why prices of securities change.
- How to open an account and trade.
- How to follow your investment.
Level 201 - Fundamentals of Finance and Financial Markets
This course introduces participants to fundamentals of Finance and Financial Markets and covers Accounting, Economics, Securities Laws, etc. It will be terminal for most non-professional students, but for aspiring professionals in the industry, it serves as the foundation and a prerequisite for further courses in preparation for licensing and/or advanced responsibilities. As a prerequisite, a student without a background in finance, economics and accounting should have completed Course 101 or a specialized course for professionals in the finance services industry. Areas of study include the following:
- Money and Capital Markets.
- Introduction to Corporate Finance
- Regulation of the Financial Markets.
- Introduction to Economics.
- Accounting and Financial Statement Preparation.
- Introduction to Financial Analysis.
- Valuation Models.
- Accounting Fundamentals
- Time Value of Money
Exams Fees: GH¢11.00
Level 301/2 - Securities Trading and Investment Advisory Techniques
A specialized course for professionals who will be servicing client accounts as registered representatives and or investment advisors, and who will be seeking licensing in these capacities. Topics Include the following:
- The stock exchange structure
- Roles and Responsibilities of LDM's and ADO's
- Rules and Regulations regarding trading on GSE
- Trading procedures
- Reporting and Record keeping
- Clearance and Settlement
- Listing application processServicing client accounts
- Agency/principal concepts
- Determining the Clients needs/objectives
- Identifying appropriate investment vehicles
- Portfolio considerations and techniques
- Rules and regulations of SEC and GSE
- Salesmanship and building your business
Duration: 7 days
Level 303 - Investment Analysis and Portfolio Management/Introduction to Derivatives
A specialized course for research analysts, financial Service professionals and other interested individuals. Areas of study include the following:
- Overview of Investment Analysis and Portfolio Management
- Fixed Income Analysis and Portfolio Strategies
- Risk-Return and Portfolio Formation
- Valuation of Equities
- Performance Evaluation
- Introduction to Derivatives: spot market, forwards, futures, options and swaps
Duration: 10 days
Exam Fees: GH¢13.00
Level 304 - Corporate Finance
A specialized course for those performing investment banking activities for brokerage firms as well as for chief financial officers and other senior personnel of potential corporate issuers. The topics include:
- Fundamentals of corporate finance
- Rates of return
- Cost of Capital
- Capital budgeting decisions
- Short term vrs long term financing decisions capital structure
- Dividend policy and related issues
- Issuance of securities
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Issuer repurchase
Duration: 10 days
Exams Fees: GH¢13.00
Level 401 - Legal & Regulatory Framework and Supervision
This course is relevant and essential for ADOs and other Senior Personnel of Stock Brokerage Firms. Directors and Managers of Banks, Financial Institutions, as well as Firms listed on the Exchange, will find the course informative and useful. Topics include:
Duration: 3 Days
- An overview of Securities Regulations
- The Structure if the Regulatory System in Ghana
- The Ghana Stock Exchange as a Self-Regulatory Organization
- Regulation of Collective Investment Schemes
Fees: GH¢ 99.00
Exams Fees: GH¢ 11.00